g-->

bidvertiser

javasc

Thursday, August 21

BIG EDEN (2000)

JUICY!!!!!!Big Eden is a tiny fictional town in northwestern Montana, as Preston Sturges or Frank Capra might have envisioned it. Timber and Cowboy country. This is the story of Henry Hart, a successful New York Artist, who returns to the town of his childhood to care for the ailing grandfather who raised him. Back in Big Eden, Henry must come to terms with his relationship to Dean Stewart, his best friend from high School, as well as the object of his unrequited love. All these years Henry has been pining for a dream image of Dean from back then. This is also the story of Pike Dexter, the shy, unassuming Native American owner of the town's general store, who is as surprised as anyone to find himself falling in love with Henry. The people of Big Eden conspire and attempt to bring Henry and Pike together.

3 comments:

  1. What a marvelous movie! A gay romantic comedy. Going home to find out your secret life isn't really much of a secret, and knowing that some people actually want to help you find what you thought you would never have.

    I have watched it twice on the movie channel now, and I love it. It is hard for me to imagine life actually being like that in a remote place. I am not gay, but this movie reinforced for me, that gays are looking for the right love just like straights. OK, so I'm a romantic. I can only hope that this was really someone's experience.

    Hopefully we will see more of this kind of thing, until it is no more unusual. Yea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie talks about wishes and fears, and how we need to confront them in order to accept the good things life has to give us. The plot is well written; maybe too idealistic in some ways, but this doesn't matter very much. Actors did a great job, specially Arye Gross. And well, landscapes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was totally stunned at how this movie affected me the first time I saw it. I actually stood up and cheered in my living room scaring the fur off of my cats. It's so empowering to see a small community rally around to help one man find true happiness amidst the tragedy in his life. The characters are well written and the story itself is plausible. Even if you are not gay, this is a movie to watch with a significant other. It'll make you believe in true love over again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...